Thursday, August 6, 2009

3 wishes

I love to cook.

I mean I really do (it is a wonder some guy doesn't want to tap into this...)

I love the whole process - looking through recipes to find the perfect match. I love to tie my green apron on and put my towel on my stings (for easy access). I love to plan the timing of when to cook what. I love to snack as I go. I love to clean as I go. I love to have the completed food (and enjoy sharing it) and then I love doing dishes. I love having a clean kitchen afterwards and a full stomach - with LEFTOVERS!

I am such a nerd - I look up recipes on-line as much as possible...

My current favorite site is: mykitchencafe.blogspot.com

I think I saw it on someone's blog - but really - it ROCKS my socks!! I have made a few things from it, and they were A-MAZE-ING!

I think I am probably one of the few people who spend their lunch hours at work looking up fun things to make.

I have 3 wishes:
I wish I had unlimited funds to make everything I wanted.
I wish I didn't have a job so I could spend time making all of these great dishes!
I wish that you didn't gain weight from eating.

P.S. I feel it very important to also add that my other all time favorite website is thepioneerwoman.com (thanks Emily) b/c it is awesome. If you want some SA-WEET pie crust/pie recipes - that is the place!! I love the pictures, everything!!


anyway...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think it is awesome that you like doing this! Your family will benefit from this someday! Also, I made the sweet and sour chicken from the kitchen cafe site last night and it tasted just like a restaurant would make! I was very excited about it! Also, You are very talented to be able to do all of that. I never like cleaning up a big mess of cooking--maybe I would feel differently about it if I had more than two feet of counter space (and that includes using the top of the microwave). However--I do like cooking a fun meal with exciting ingredients--an activity more than a necessity to fix something to eat (although I always like eating the finished product!) I find looking at recipes overwhelming. I now I think I will finish my comment with I can't wait until Thanksgiving when you come to visit!

Jessica Nelson said...

Can we please live closer!? Do you remember our fun cooking ventures (sigh)? The Fruit Salsa - my mouth is watering... the Chicken with capers that we made with Steph... the zucchini bites that you introduced me to? ohhhh man. One day we will continue our cooking escapades and it will be wonderful. And that will just be the BEGINNING!