Thursday, April 22, 2010

The power of Suggestion

This morning I checked my Facebook page quickly. A friend of mine posted a hymn (In our Lovely Deseret http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=307&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=307&searchsubseqend=ZZZ) "...Drink no liquor and they eat, but a very little meat; they are seeking to be great and good and wise..." needless to say it has been stuck in my head all day so far.

Then I was doing a little blog stalking...and saw someone talk about Oh's the cereal and now I am craving them...


Last night Michael was singing a song and I had it in my head, but then I was confused how it got in my head b/c I had forgotten he was singing it....

Amazing how the mind works and how much we absorb even when we don't think we are. I guess that is why the Lord has taught us to watch our thoughts...we need to be careful about what we take in.





Man I wish I had a bowl of cereal though.

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Good point. I remember Brother Bailey talking about how our body can get rid of food that isn't good for it, but the mind has no "reflex" for that. The mind is an INCREDIBLE tool!

Emily said...

I do love that cereal!!!