Thursday, May 13, 2010

"life could be worse"

that phrase hit my funny bone today...

When life gets hard, often times we pause and look at other peoples lives and what they have to go through and then we look at our burden and think, man at least our life isn't THAT bad.

I wonder if it makes "those other people" feel even worse about their situation knowing that "THEY HAVE IT BAD"! It can't get much worse than what they've got b/c their friend/neighbor/family member is struggling, but they look at my problem and think I am worse off...

Does this seem funny to anyone else?

I'll just be amused by myself if not.

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

I never thought of it that way. That is an interesting point. (I love your new background by the way - it's really stylish!)

Emily said...

I can say from personal experience that it does make you feel worse (; just kidding. Probablly you shouldn't tell the person that they are they standard of "worse possible situation"