Monday, February 20, 2012

so, I made a blanket on Saturday... {and 38 weeks}

Last week I saw this blanket posted on Asthetic Nest:

http://www.aestheticnest.com/2010/08/sewing-heirloom-cut-chenille-baby.html

aaaaaannnd I wanted to try it. So Saturday morning I bought the fabric with my mom, who then helped me get all set up and ready and then I started to sew. and sew. and sew. I listened to the World Wide Leadership Conference TWICE as well as some conversations on the Mormon Channel

after like, oh I don't know 5 hours of sewing, I went to the store and then came back and finished...at like 10 PM (thanks to the help of mom with the cutting...our hands still hurt!)

It is simple to make, but tedious. And if you want to make it, I strongly suggest you invest in the chenille cutter she talks about - I think if I make it again, that will be a MUST!!

Overall I am IN LOVE with the results. It made all the pain of it worth it (sorta like child birth I hear...)

I also stuck in my 38 week belly shot below. Enjoy! (11 more days!!)





the back:


the belly shot:

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

SERIOUSLY? You have MAD nesting skills, lady! That is AWESOME! and I am head over heels impressed that you did that in one day (start to finish?!). Good work! That belly of yours is really cute!! So excited for you!

Mary said...

What a fun project! I can't believe you only have 11 days left! Good Luck! :)